I am a senior at Baldwin Wallace University spending my last semester of Undergraduate study at the University of the Sunshine Coast in Sippy Downs, Queensland, Australia. Follow along on all my adventures here!

Monday, April 7, 2014

Futbol & Bridges & Roos Oh My!

Good morning! (At least it is here, good evening to those at home!)

I ventured into Brisbane again yesterday, this time to see a futbol/soccer game! It was a friendly between Brazil and Australia (or the Westfield Matildas as they are known as here). It was a great game! On our way their we noticed the clouds were rolling in and getting darker and darker and we were hoping to not get rained on at the game. Our luck held out - it didn't start pouring until we were at our seats which were under cover. As you can see from the pictures, it was quite rainy for most of the game though!


Brazil ended up winning 1-0 with a late second half goal - their precision and technical skill is amazing to watch. As the game was ending our luck helped out again, it only drizzled as we walked back to the car. Not long after we were on the road on the way back!

For our return journey we took a different motorway and went over the Brisbane Bridge.


It was raining so I wasn't able to get a nice clear picture, but it was cool. The city was out to our left but pretty much all we could see of it were the lights on the buildings, next time we go that way hopefully it'll be sunny and clear and I can get better pictures. 

So yesterday was fun and a good adventure!

This morning I got up and went for a run and about a mile in found my path blocked by these guys: 



They stared me down for a minute then, after snapping a couple pictures on my phone, carefully walked around them. The middle one has a Joey in her pouch (if you look closely you can see it's head sticking out!) so I knew that they would be very protective if I got too close. After I carefully, and slowly, navigated around them I continued on my way. Two of them were still there when I came back around so I had to be careful coming back too.

I just got finished Skyping with my family, it's so good to talk to them! I've reached that stage of my trip where I'm still very excited to be here but I am getting quite homesick and really miss everyone. I know the time is going to fly so I'm just doing my best to stay in touch with everyone and stay excited about everything.

Speaking of being excited, less than 2 weeks until Sydney! And just a little over two weeks until the Great Barrier Reef! Ahhhhh!!! That's going to be such an amazing week, I can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment