I am a senior at Baldwin Wallace University spending my last semester of Undergraduate study at the University of the Sunshine Coast in Sippy Downs, Queensland, Australia. Follow along on all my adventures here!

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Brisbane, Take 3

Jillian, Lovisa and I ventured into Brisbane this afternoon! I had heard about a free concert at the Brisbane Powerhouse and we decided to check it out. A couple buses and a train ride later and we were there! The theater is right on the Brisbane river and we stopped to take a few pictures before heading inside. 


I've never seen a "Go" sign. Thought it was pretty cool!


The building itself was really neat and artsy. 


Inside there were multiple small theaters, a couple restaurants, and the open stage area where the bands were performing. We only ended up staying for the first group that performed, but they were quite good! 


It was absolutely beautiful outside and after a bit we decided we didn't want to be stuck inside anymore so we went back out by the river. There was a park right on the bank and there were a lot of people enjoying the day with a picnic. 



Since we had left the concert early it wasn't time for us to catch the bus back to the train station yet so we walked a few blocks to grab dinner. We went to Nando's (the chicken place where I ate last time I was in Brisbane!) so that Jillian could try it out. She ended up liking it just as much as Lovisa and I did and the three of us had an wonderful dinner.

Once we finished we caught the bus back into the center of the city and caught a train that brought us back!

It was a fun way to spend our Sunday :)

Now that it is Sunday at home too I am looking forward to giving my Mom a call to wish her a Happy Mother's Day! It's definitely weird not being at home to spend the day with her, it's making me quite homesick this evening. But I'm going to go give her a call soon and I'll get to Skype with my family tomorrow morning so that will help!

Less than 8 weeks left in Australia, planning to make the most of it! Looking forward to Fraser Island next weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment