I am a senior at Baldwin Wallace University spending my last semester of Undergraduate study at the University of the Sunshine Coast in Sippy Downs, Queensland, Australia. Follow along on all my adventures here!

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Liquid Nitrogen & Hell's Gates

Today started with a trip to the doctor to find out that I sprained a couple ligaments in my foot playing pick up soccer the other day... oops. Picked up a compression sleeve and some Advil and was on my way for a day trip to Noosa!

It was a bit rainy when we started out but it cleared up slightly as we got closer to Noosa, only drizzling on us slightly throughout the few hours we were there. 

We started at Nitrogenie, a place that uses liquid nitrogen to make ice cream. They mix it in right in front of you and it's really sweet. (Get it, sweet? Ha ha!) 


After enjoying some yummy, incredibly smooth ice cream we wandered to Noosa National Park. We walked a couple km through the rainforest (and the mud) and eventually came out to the coastal path where we got some pretty cool views of the ocean. 






We stopped at a couple places, one of which was called "Hell's Gates." They were pretty high cliffs and we couldn't get down very far, but I climbed as far as I could on stable ground. 




After exploring Hell's Gates a bit we heading back to the path and continued on our way. As we got closer to where we started near the parking lot we saw a lot of people surfing and paddle boarding. It was a bit rainy but the waves were looking pretty good today! I am hoping to go surfing at least one more time before I head home. 

Tomorrow a few of us are heading into Brisbane to explore and go to a free concert that should be fun. Look out for a blog post and pictures from that coming soon! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment