I am a senior at Baldwin Wallace University spending my last semester of Undergraduate study at the University of the Sunshine Coast in Sippy Downs, Queensland, Australia. Follow along on all my adventures here!

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Right in my backyard...

Went out behind my apartment complex this evening to take some pictures of the sunrise and was reminded that there's cool stuff to see right here in my backyard! On my way down to the lake I noticed these guys in a nearby tree:


After doing a bit of research when I got back I was able to identify them as Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoos. There was a bunch of damp brush (where snakes could be camping out) around the tree so I wasn't able to get very close but I did watch them for a couple minutes from a distance. Something spooked them and they took off so I continued down to the lake where I took more photos:







No comments:

Post a Comment