I am a senior at Baldwin Wallace University spending my last semester of Undergraduate study at the University of the Sunshine Coast in Sippy Downs, Queensland, Australia. Follow along on all my adventures here!

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Orientation Week

This past week was orientation week at USC! I had sessions to attend Monday morning and Wednesday afternoon and between those we explored campus and visited the tons of tents and booths set up around campus. There were all sorts of people there, some from various organizations on campus and others from local businesses and we were able to get free food and coupons for more free food (the college student's dream!).
There were also some themed parties at the apartments we're staying at to get people out and about to able to meet each other. Tuesday was toga night and Thursday was costume night. The first picture is Jillian and I on toga night and the second is Elsie and I on toga night and the bottom picture is Ayesha, Elsie and I on costume night (Ayesha and I were cops and Elsie was a pirate).



I also signed up and booked my first trip on Tuesday! Next weekend I get to learn how to surf! It's a three day trip with surf lessons and other water sports and you get to camp out and meet a bunch of new people. I'm really looking forward to it and will be sure to post heaps of pictures!

My roommates and I are still getting along really well and actually just got back from buying fish! We each got colorful little fighting fish and decided to go with a Harry Potter theme for names.
 Ayesha's fish (Luna) is on the left, Elsie's fish (Ron) is in the middle, and my fish (Sirius) is on the right. The picture below is a closer one of Sirius.
 
Other than that we've pretty much just been getting ready for classes to start. I bought the lab manuals and drawing supplies that I needed and am all set for this week! Classes start on Monday but my schedule worked out great and I only have classes on Tuesday and Wednesday so I get an extra day off.
 
I'm loving it here and looking forward to my first trip and booking more after that! We put together our list of places we want to go/things we want to do while we're here and I know that it's going to be so amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment