I am a senior at Baldwin Wallace University spending my last semester of Undergraduate study at the University of the Sunshine Coast in Sippy Downs, Queensland, Australia. Follow along on all my adventures here!

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Classes at USC

I've officially survived my first week of classes at USC! My schedule worked out really great and I only have class two days a week, although they are two pretty long days. Yesterday I had 3 lectures and 2 tutorials and today I had 1 lecture, 1 tutorial, and 1 lab. The classes here are formatted a bit different than at home. Each class has a lecture and a tutorial, and then science classes have labs. The lecture is in a big lecture hall, between 150-300 people in size (a lot different from BW), the tutorial is a smaller group, between 15-20 people, and it seems to be more like classes are at BW - a lot of discussion and interaction with the instructor. Lab was lab... about 40 people, so still bigger than BW, but nothing all that different otherwise.

Since I have completed most of my credits for graduation this Spring I am taking some classes for interest/fun. The only class I am taking that I actually specifically need is my Systemic Physiology class to finish off my Neuroscience requirements. The best part of that was that our lecture this morning was mostly about neural transmission, a good lecture for me to start off with and get settled in. Other than that I'm taking Australian Politics (figured I should learn about it while I'm here!), Visual Design, and Creative Writing. Overall I think I'm really going to enjoy my classes!

Now that I've successfully gotten through my classes for the week it's time to have some fun! Tomorrow afternoon I leave for a surfing trip! We'll get there late tomorrow night and start learning to surf Friday morning! We'll be surfing and hanging out on the beach until Sunday morning when we leave to head back to USC. On our way back we get to make a pit stop in Byron Bay to explore a bit. I've heard really great things about this trip from people who went on in the last couple years and I'm really excited! I'll be sure to post pictures when I get back! I probably won't blog again until after I get back, so it'll be a few days but I'm guessing I'll have some pretty great stories to share.

I'll leave you with some kangaroo pictures (taken on campus between classes) to enjoy until then! :) The second one has a joey in it's pouch, if you look closely you can see the ears sticking out!


No comments:

Post a Comment