I am a senior at Baldwin Wallace University spending my last semester of Undergraduate study at the University of the Sunshine Coast in Sippy Downs, Queensland, Australia. Follow along on all my adventures here!

Monday, March 17, 2014

Buderim Forest Park

Went on another adventure today! A group of us decided to figure out the public transport system and head a couple towns over to Buderim to go to the forest and see some waterfalls. After a short bus ride and a bit of a walk we were able to easily find it.


For the first bit through the woods there was a wooden walkway, but it turned into a trail that eventually turned into picking our way through the rocks to get through the creek to the waterfalls.



There were a lot of really cool trees and roots along the way, this one being one of my favorites.


Once we hiked for about 15 minutes we ended up at the main waterfalls! The one in the top picture was pretty small/short, but the other two were taller. Especially the second one, it was pretty far up! Jillian and I climbed and figured out where the path was and climbed on top of it (Brittany & Eric took pictures so I'll try to get and post those later!).




Once we hung out at the waterfall for a bit Jillian and I decided to keep exploring. We found the trail again and did a lot more hiking before looping back to the falls to rejoin the rest of the group. 

After a while longer we decided to head back out to catch the bus again. While waiting at the bus station a few of us ventured over to a fresh fruit & vegetable market and found some good deals on fresh Australian Produce. It was a fun/adventure filled day and I wouldn't mind returning to the park again sometime before I leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment