I am a senior at Baldwin Wallace University spending my last semester of Undergraduate study at the University of the Sunshine Coast in Sippy Downs, Queensland, Australia. Follow along on all my adventures here!

Monday, March 24, 2014

Kinder Surprise

Haven't had too much exciting going on the past few days but I did experience another "first" today. I was doing a little bit of grocery shopping and noticed that there were Kinder Surprise Eggs on special in the candy aisle. Now, as you may know, Kinder Surprise Eggs are banned in the US (I Googled why - it's because you can't completely enclose a non-food item within a food item.... not sure why that is though?) so I was naturally excited to see something new.

I tried it while I was waiting at the travel agency with Elsie (she's planning a trip). It was pretty much what I expected... chocolate with a toy inside....

Yay for Kinder Surprise!


 
 
 
On a different note, a few of us have decided to make a weekend trip down to Byron Bay sometime soon. It's about 3 hours away so we would leave a Saturday morning, stay that night, then head back on Sunday afternoon/evening. We made a couple brief stops there on our way to and from the surfing trip a few weeks ago but didn't really get much time and it seems like a pretty cool place.
 
Thinking about heading into Brisbane to go to the koala sanctuary this weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. I just had kinder in Rome... not sure if I'm that big of a fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely not something I would regularly buy but I found it a bit exciting for the first one just because they are illegal at home.

      Delete